All right, made it to Hong Kong safely. Hong Kong is split up into two parts (..I think), Kowloon and Hong Kong. We're staying in Kowloon which is pretty awesome. Everyone was staring at us, even through the taxi. Our taxi driver had literally NO IDEA where our hostel was a drove around for like 20374923 years and then made Sam speak the address into the radio. Eventually he just dropped us off on our hostel's street and we just walked there.
So.. trying to find our hostel was an adventure. We walked into this creepy ally where there were all these workers. Then I was like "Embassy?" and I heard some guy go, "Oh ya ya, dis way!" So, Sam and I venture into the creepy ally, only to find a creepy elevator that we are apparently supposed to ride up to our hostel. There was some sort of transporting of orchids and seat cushions going on in that ally. Strange.
Anyway it's midnight here in our lovely hostel that is about 7x10 feet for two people. Cool. BUT ITS AWESOME. There's a poster on the wall of the ladies in kimono's smokin' cigs. I couldn't ask for anything more. We gave the guy 700 HKD for our hostel and key deposit. In total it was supposed to be 676 HKD. The guy didn't have the change though.. so he just gave us 50 HKD back.. so now we owe him again... 26 HKD. It smells vaguely of garlic.
Let's talk about the plane ride, most of which I slept on. There were the two CUTEST Asian kids sitting by me. Unfortunately, they were screaming and hitting the back of my seat. It was a bit of a struggle because I was cracked out on sleeping medication and kept getting woken up. I also didn't have the nerve to say anything because the kids were so cute. But really.
THEN we got off the plane. I have too much luggage. It's too heavy. I will probably not be able to move tomorrow. It's too tough to be lucid and carry around 150 lbs. Sam had to keep waiting for me because my luggage and me kept falling over. Whoopsies.
All right well we're going to sleep and go venture out in Hong Kong tomorrow! I wish I could think of some cool line for signing off...
Below are the ladies smokin a cig and our room!


5 comments:
catie i actually just almost peed in my pants laughing and i told my host mom the story of what you wrote. im DYING you are hilarious
And so the adventure begins! You are too funny! Is Sam still laughing? I love the pictures... is that a Santa on your bed? Can't wait to hear what you do tomorrow - careful of the alleys - I miss you!!!!!!
This is so fantastic. So in love with your blog, mostly because it sounds just like how you talk and I can envision the faces you'd make to accompany these stories. Miss you loads already, keep the details and pictures coming.
Oh honey how funny! Sounds like you are already off to a big adventure! Make sure to go see that cool park we talked about. And have dim sum. And I am assuming that you meant the SECOND CUTEST asian children you have ever seen??????
150 lbs of luggage??? :)
Love you!!!!
Sister! Sooo funny!! This blog is going to be famous! i'm so glad you made it and I can't wait to hear what happens next
Post a Comment